Selsdon Primary Uniform Requirements
Please note hoodies are not permitted. They will be confiscated if worn in school.
Thank you for sending your child to school in uniform. Uniform helps children feel part of the group and minimises distractions. Flashing trainers and large or sparkling accessories etc all act as distractions to the children’s learning.
Please label all uniform and belongings clearly with your child’s name.
Our uniform is as follows
Reception and Nursery
- White polo shirt
- Royal blue sweatshirt with logo
- Royal blue joggers/Royal blue shorts in summer
- Trainers with Velcro fastenings
- Water bottle
No dresses or skirts of any kind can be worn by any gender in Nursery or Reception.
YEAR 1 – YEAR 6
- White shirt with school tie (elasticated tie available for younger children) and worn with the top button done up and shirt tucked in
- Plain grey trousers or shorts (not combat style)
- Grey skirt or pinafore dress or grey/navy blue tailored trousers
- Sweatshirt, royal blue v-neck pullover or cardigan with school logo
- Grey, white or black socks (not trainer socks)
- Black, navy, white or grey tights in winter
- Black or navy shoes with flat heels (no extremes of style and safe to wear around school).
- Open-toed or strappy shoes are not allowed.
- Trainers and boots are not allowed.
- Water bottle
- Navy blue, Royal blue or black plain tracksuit Bottoms OR Selsdon Tracksuit
- Selsdon House T shirt £4.50
- Water bottle
School PE T-shirt in house colour available from the school office (soon to be available to order online from Wovina), navy or black tracksuit bottoms or royal blue shorts/tracksuit bottoms, black or white plimsolls.
Sports clothing with slogans may not be worn.
Old/cheap trainers for work on the field (they will get muddy so please don’t send in expensive ones!)
Hoodies or jumpers other than the Selsdon school jumper or cardigan or Selsdon tracksuit top may not be worn.
Children who go swimming require the correct swimming kit.
- Bikinis are not permitted. Children should wear one-piece swimsuits only.
- Swimming trunks must be made specifically for swimming, for example football shorts, or other shorts are not permitted. Speedo trunks are ideal, but swim shorts must be at least above the knee.
- All children must wear a swimming hat.
For safety reasons, we prefer pupils not to wear earrings. If they are worn, they must be plain studs, not hooped/glass/diamond-effect/football club emblems etc. Children will be asked to remove inappropriate earrings. For PE lessons, children must remove their earrings themselves, or have them taped. It would be preferable if earrings were not worn on PE days. Other piercings are not permitted. The only other jewellery allowed is that worn for religious or medical reasons, and a named wrist watch for children from Year 3 upwards. Bracelets, neck chains and rings are not permitted at any time.
Hair should be tidy. Long hair must be tied back and children whose hair is not tied back will be asked to do so. No elaborate or extreme hair ties or hair accessories. Children must not wear nail varnish or make-up to school. If they do, they will be asked to remove it.
Bags take up a considerable amount of space in school and we ask that children only bring smaller, draw-string bags.
Whilst every effort is made to take care of children’s personal property, the School cannot take responsibility for the loss of any items. All items brought to school must be clearly named.