Dear parents and carers,
We are carefully looking at how we re-open the school safely this week.
We have decided to continue with the restrictions that were in place before Christmas for the remainder of this week.
We are aware of some cases in our school community, but will not have a full idea of the impact until everyone returns to school. We feel it would be irresponsible to open everything up at this time without knowing exactly where we stand and how many cases we have. We will decide by the end of the day on Friday what restrictions need to continue and which will be eased. Obviously, we hope to return to normality as soon as possible with the fewest restrictions.
You can help us to get there by keeping your child away from school if they have Coronavirus symptoms and getting them a PCR test at a walk-in test centre as soon as possible. By doing this you will be helping to stop the spread and enabling the school to remain open. Failure to do this, could see the spread worse than we have seen it so far and could lead to the school closing. Though we will do all we can to avoid this.
Full details of the current restrictions can be found at the top of our policies page.
Thank you for your continued support.
Hugo Feitor, Acting Head of School