From Tuesday, 5th January 2021 our schools will only open to children of key workers and vulnerable children. This is due to the extremely high prevalence of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) in Croydon. Other measures have already been implemented.
Here is a link to the survey https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/JZ5Q8PK
In order to plan for this provision, we need to find out how many children fall into this category and how many children are likely to attend school.
Given the exceptional circumstances and the very high prevalence of coronavirus in our local area, every child who can be safely cared for at home should be. This is to limit the chance of the virus spreading.
Many parents working in these sectors may be able to ensure their child is kept at home, we ask that you keep your child at home, where possible.
This provision is for children in years Reception – Year 6.
Nursery will remain open as usual.
The provision will be open from Monday to Friday. The timings will remain staggered in order to keep children as safe as possible. The timings will be:
Year 1 + 2: 9:00am-3:05pm
Year 3 + 4: 9:15am-3:15pm
Year 5 + 6: 9:25am-3:25pm
In order to keep everybody as safe as possible, we are following the guidance from SAGE and Independent SAGE. Therefore, please review the following:
- No parents/carers will be permitted on site for any reason. The adult from your child’s year group bubble will collect and drop-off your child from the school gate.
- All children should wear warm winter clothing at all times, even inside the building. This is due to the heavy ventilation in school.
- All adults and children must wear a face covering at all times on the school site.
- Strict social distancing will take place with all adults and children, even within each bubble.
- Children will be supervised to take part in the remote learning in school.
- Children must not bring anything into school other than their water bottle.
- Lunch will be provided for all children in school.
We will contact relevant parents before the end of the school day on Monday, 4th January 2021 to confirm arrangements.
We may ask for proof of critical worker status before offering a place in our provision (work ID badge, pay slip, or a letter from your employer confirming what your job is and how it is critical to the COVID-19 response). A list of who qualifies as a critical worker can be found here
Please complete this form by 17:00 on Sunday, 3rd January 2021.
5 thoughts on “Key Worker Provision”
Sorry just to clarify is the fox clubs nursery open as of 5 January?
Can you confirm this is taking place at Selsdon primary school and not at the another school based in Thornton Heath.
Many thanks Fiona Bailey
On Thu, 31 Dec 2020 at 15:48, Selsdon Primary School and Nursery wrote:
> Susan Papas posted: ” From Tuesday, 5th January 2021 our schools will only > open to children of key workers and vulnerable children. This is due to the > extremely high prevalence of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) in Croydon. > Other measures have already been implemented. He” >
Hello Fiona – this will take place at Selsdon Primary School. With best wishes, Susan
Hello Victoria. Fox Cubs nursery will open as usual on 5th January. With best wishes, Susan
Reblogged this on Selsdon – Year 5.
Comments are closed.