We have spent a lot of time in recent weeks, looking at how we can safely resume club provision at our schools. However, we have sadly decided that we will not be able to resume clubs after the October half-term, which is what we had initially hoped.
To follow government advice, the space and staff available to us at this time makes this impossible. It is not possible for use to provide club provision without children mixing with different bubbles. This would mean that if any child tested positive for coronavirus, we would have to close every bubble that this child had contact with in the club provision. This would lead to very large numbers of children missing out on school for long periods, which is what we are trying to avoid to support the families in our community. If we have to send large numbers of children home, this will have a huge impact on working families, and particularly the most vulnerable families in our community.
We understand that this will be difficult for many of our families who rely on club provision and we apologise for this; this is not a decision that has been taken lightly. In light of a recent upsurge in Coronavirus cases and the decision to place our local area in the Tier Two category, means there is a high risk of transmission in our community, and we feel we must put the safety of all of our pupils, staff and families first.
We thank you for your understanding and your continued support in these difficult times.
With best wishes,