Here is an interesting guide for parents and carers which describes some ideas on how to talk to your children about Black Lives Matter.
Race and racism are huge topics. This guide provides a great starting point with advice on the following:
- What is the Black Lives Matter (BLM) movement?
- How do I explain George Floyd to my children?
- How do I open a conversation with children on race and racism?
- How do I explain White Privilege?
- It’s not just a narrative of struggle
- The danger of saying ‘My child isn’t racist’
- Being a role model through action
- Further educational resources for all the family
You can download a copy here: