A reminder of our packed lunch guidance:
Packed lunches should include:
- At least one portion of fruit and one portion of vegetables every day.
- Meat, fish or other source of non-dairy protein(e.g. lentils, kidney beans, chickpeas, hummus and falafel) every day
- Oily fish, such as salmon, at least once every three weeks
- A starchy food such as any type of bread, pasta, rice, couscous, noodles, potatoes or other type of cereals every day.
- Dairy food such as semi-skimmed milk, cheese, yoghurt, fromage frais or custard everyda.
- A drink such 100% fruit juice, semi-skimmed milk, yogurt drink or a bottle of water
Packed lunches should NOT include:
- Snacks such as crisps.
- Nuts and nut products (we have a number of children with severe nut allergies in school)
- Drinks with added sugar, sweeteners, colouring or additives (school will supply water for all children)
- Confectionery such as chocolate bars, chocolate-coated biscuits and sweets.
- Meat products such as sausage rolls, individual pies, corned meat and sausages / chipolatas should be included only occasionally.
- Cakes and biscuits are allowed but encourage your child to eat these only as part of a balanced meal which includes a good range of the elements on the ‘should include’ list above.
Cakes and biscuits are allowed but encourage your child to eat these only as part of a balanced meal which includes a good range of the elements on the ‘should include’ list above.
For some examples please see the Healthy Packed Lunch Leaflet.
5 thoughts on “Packed Lunch Guidance”
This good because several people have allergies
I think it is a good idea to bring a healthy lunch to school instead of snacks , like crisps so unhealthy stuff because it will keep us fit and strong.😄😄😄😄
I think this is good because we don’t want anybody being unwell.
The list of things you should and shouldn’t have in your packed lunch is good because chocolate is unhealthy for you and you should have at least one fruit a day
this is good because if you are allergic to anything the school is fine to go to ✔️To be able to have a allergy it’s safe to come to school new or not ✔️2nd it will be definitely a healthy good lunch i love chocolate as the next kid but being healthy will increase and improve your health and energy 😁 To be lucky to have this food when other people don’t we are extremely lucky 🍀 so a good healthy food means a better chance a better day a better life 😀😃😄😁😆
Comments are closed.