It’s a new school year, so the perfect time to remind ourselves of the correct school uniform.
Teachers and adults in school will be very strict about uniform this year, so let’s all make sure we have the correct bits and pieces on.
As I’m sure you’re all aware, the first time any child wears the wrong school uniform or PE kit, they’ll receive a yellow card – this is a warning or a reminder sent home to remind everyone to wear their correct school uniform. After this, if the same child wears the wrong uniform or PE kit again that term, they will receive a detention!
If your child is in Nursery or Reception, they will need to wear:
- White polo shirt
- Royal blue sweatshirt with Selsdon logo
- Royal blue joggers/Royal blue shorts (in summer)
- Trainers (preferably with Velcro fastenings)
Dresses, skirts or school shoes are not permitted for any gender.
The following are the compulsory uniform for all children in Years 1-6:
- White shirt
- School tie (elasticated tie available for younger children)
- Plain grey trousers, shorts (not combat style), skirt or pinafore dress
- Sweatshirt, royal blue v-neck pullover or cardigan with Selsdon school logo
- Grey, white or black socks (not trainer socks) or black, navy, white or grey tights (in winter)
- In summer only: blue and white gingham summer dress
- Black or navy shoes with flat heels (no extreme styles and shoes must be safe to wear around school). Open-toed or strappy shoes, trainers or boots are not allowed
In Years 1-6, PE kit must be worn into school in lieu of uniform on any day that a child has PE.
PE days are as follows:
- Year 1 – Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Year 2 – Tuesdays and Wednesdays
- Year 3 – Tuesdays (swimming) and Wednesdays
- Year 4 – Mondays and Wednesdays
- Year 5 – Thursdays and Fridays
- Year 6 – Thursdays and Fridays
We consider our PE kit a part of our uniform, and so expect the same level of rigour. The compulsory PE kit is as follows:
- Selsdon Tracksuit OR navy blue, royal blue or black plain tracksuit bottoms
- Selsdon “SPS” PE T shirt in correct house colour
- Trainers or plimsolls
If children do not have the Selsdon tracksuit, they may wear their school jumper/cardigan on top of their PE kit. No other jumpers or hoodies are acceptable. Hoodies will be confiscated if worn in school.
Trainers should be appropriate for sports and expected to get muddy or dirty. Children regularly do sports activities on the field/outside.
Tracksuit bottoms should not bear any large logos or slogans. If they do, children will be in breach of the uniform policy.
We do not have a uniform swimming kit, however, we do have some expectations regarding swimwear:
- All children are required to wear swimming hats
- Girls should wear either a one-piece swimsuit or a burkini, other kinds of swimwear are not permitted.
- Boys must wear specific swimwear (brief or short types are acceptable) not underwear or football or running shorts. No swimming shorts that go below the knee, please.
- Goggles are optional
Children should wear their PE kit into school on swimming days, to help make changing easier.