Next Friday, 9 October, we will be having a Harvest assembly.
We would really appreciate it if you could bring in some produce that we can then donate to a local food bank (for more information, follow this link: www.purleyfoodhub.net)
You do not have to bring in lots, just one item would be fantastic, as if everyone bought something in we would be able to help a lot of people.
Some ideas from the food hub are:
- 1 litre cartons of long-life fruit juice
- Long-life whole milk
- Breakfast cereals (but not porridge thank you)
- Tins of plain meat – chicken, corned beef
- Pulses in tins
- Tinned vegetables – sweetcorn, carrots
- Jellies / puddings / Angel Delight
- Tins of fruit for dessert
- Rice pudding in tins
- Packet custard requiring water
- Toothpaste and adults’ toothbrushes
- Deodorant – unisex
- Unisex shampoo
- Washing powder in tablets or sachets
- Small bottles of washing up liquid
Although they have politely asked for no baked beans or pasta!
If you do bring in something for the assembly, you may wear your own clothes to school on Friday.
Thank you for all your support in advance.