Following our staff training day today we have made some modifications to our Behaviour Policy. We have put more detail in the section about the management of behaviour in the playground and tightened up some of our procedures.
Over the Christmas break Ofsted changed their guidance on behaviour and we have altered our policy to take account of these changes. Ofsted have made clear exactly what they define as disruptive behaviour and we have used these definitions to help clarify our expectations.
In line with Ofsted’s revised guidance ten minutes detention will be given to children for the following reasons:
- Breaking the school rules
- Not bringing in their P.E. kit
- Not completing their work to the teachers satisfaction during a lesson
- Not returning their homework on time
- Being late to school (KS2 only) – 2 x number of minutes late ( in line with Attendance Policy)
- Not having their Reading Diary signed by their parent/carer weekly
We do hope that you take the time to read our revised policy so that we can continue to work together to ensure that your children achieve to the highest level.